5-6 Serving Size
15 ounces of black beans
2 Medium sweet potatoes, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
Half a red or yellow onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 whole shallot, diced
1-2 medium carrot, chopped
1/2 medium zucchini, chopped
4 Crimini mushrooms, chopped
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1-2 avocados, sliced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 medium tomato, diced
1 cup of pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon chili Powder
1/2 tsp of garlic powder, red chili pepper flake, paprika, grated or ground ginger, chipotle, paprika, sage, Himalayan salt, black pepper, minced onion &cayenne
1 tablespoon of lime or lemon juice (about half a lime)
2 handfuls of spinach
1/4 cup green onion chopped
1 tablespoon hot sauce* (we enjoy O' Brother that's hot! I like the jalapeno mildly spicy, but Joe enjoys the Habanero.)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons liquid aminos (can be substituted for tamari or low-sodium soy sauce)
optional: if on hand use broccoli stem to help build the vegetable broth
1. To begin, add 5 cups of water to a large pot, and once brought to a boil add liquid aminos, apple cider vinegar, and Himalayan salt. Stir until combined.
2. Next, add broccoli stem, celery stalks (chopped), shallot, garlic, and onion. Build flavor until the aroma sets in the room, roughly about 5 minutes.
3. Then, add the sweet potatoes and spices. Combine and add the black beans. Allow the chili to cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Lastly, throw in the vegetables! Remember to take out the broccoli stem before doing this, and that the vegetables should only be cooked for roughly 5 minutes.
5. Serve with avocado garnished on top, green onion, spinach and cilantro along with w/e hot sauce you desire additionally. Use the other half of the lime to slice into 4 pieces and set aside for any additional additive options. Enjoy!