Serves about 9-10
1/2 cup quinoa
1 1/2- 2 cups of drained black beans
1 tbsp minced shallot
1 tbsp minced red or yellow onion
1 cup spinach
1 whole red pepper minced
1 minced jalepeno
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp minced onion or ground onion
1/2 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp himalayan salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup qunioa flour
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F, meanwhile prep raw ingredients.
2. Next, begin by cooking the quinoa by adding 1 cup of water in a pot.
3. Then add coconut oil to a pan to begin stir frying garlic, shallot, and onion for 3 minutes.
4. At this point add the bell pepper and then stir fry for 1-2 minutes before adding the spinach. Turn off heat immediately following the addition of spinach.
5. Add the black beans to a bowl, and once the quinoa is down cooking also add promplty. Use a spatula to mash the beans and quniao together. Then add the veggie mixture last, and continue mashing all together until combined.
6. Lastly, add the spices and flour until completely combined.
7. Use a peanut butter jar lid to make nicely proportioned patties. I generally get about 9, but depending how big or small yours come out you may have more or less.
8. Line up these patties onto baking parchment paper. Then put in the oven for 20-25 minutes. They will golden brown when complete and no longer look wet. Enjoy!