*8 cups of cubed, peeled butternut squash
1 qt low sodium vegetable broth
1 can of low fat coconut milk
1/2 large yellow or red onion
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp turmeric fresh or ground
1 tsp ginger fresh or ground
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sage
3/4 tsp cinnamon
2 cups leafy greens
1 cup cilantro
1 cup lightly roasted pumpkin seed
1/2 cup sprouts
1. To start, take a large pot and heat it up following with adding coconut oil. Once melted throw on the minced garlic, diced shallot, and onion.
2. After 2-3 minutes add the cubed butternut squash and place a lid on the pot to allow it to soften. Once tender all the way through add the broth and coconut milk. Bring heat to a simmer, and place the lid back on the pot.
3. After 15 minutes with periodic checking, and stirring turn of the heat. Allow the soup to cool for a few minutes before adding the the blender or food processor.
4. Once read add the soup to the blender, and pour half of the broth in a jar nearby. Next, blend adding liquid only as necessary to fit personal liking. We like ours creamy with a thick texture. Thus, we normally keep the extra broth for soup the next day.
5. Once blended and spiced to liking add back to the pot, or serve up to enjoy! Add leafy greens, cilantro, sprouts and roasted pumpkins seeds when ready to eat.