Serving size may vary: about 12 bars
1 cup of medjool dates
1 cup of dried or fresh brown turkish figs
1 1/2 cup gluten free oats
1/4 almonds, crushed
1/2 cup go take a hike trail mix (golden raisins, cashews, goji berries, mulberries & pistachios)
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp hemp seeds
3 tbsp cocao nibs
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
*optional 2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F to toast dry ingredients. Sprinkle cinnamon over dry ingredients prior to toasting. Once the oven reaches 350 degree F turn it off, and put dry ingredients in the oven toast.
2. In the meantime, use a blender or food processor to blend the dates, figs, and coconut oil until the sticky dough texture is acheived. This makes the glue of your bars.
3. Next, combine the nut butters and maple syrup in a pot of the stove top for just a few minutes until the mixture is combined evenly.
4. Then, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl using a spatula or if easier hands until all the indgredients stick together. If there is too much dry ingredient not mixing in take it out as necessary. If not, the bars will come out flakey and brittle.
5. Lastly, transfer the dough into a pyrex container lined with parchment paper or lightly coated with oil, while pressing down evenly. After 15-20 minutes of storage cut the bars. Store the granola bars in the fridge or freezer, and enjoy!