serving size: about 12
1 lemon (including the zest)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 cup dried turkish figs (soaked overnight)
3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup oat milk
1/4 tsp himalayan salt
1/3 cup nut butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In the meantime, strain soaked overnight figs (save the fig juice for the buckwheat granola recipe). Then place figs in blender along with the maple syrup and half of the lemon juice. Blend until smooth. If too thin add some of the fig juice little at a time. Set aside.
3. Next, combine the remaining lemon juice, nut butter, vanilla extract, and oat milk in a bowl. In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and lemon zest.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry until dough is formed.
5. Line a baking sheet in a pyrex container 9x9x2-inch. Press half the dough into a thin layer and top it off with the fig filling.
6. Use the remaining dough to press out the same way as the first, and then place on top of the fig filling gently.
7. Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool before storage or enjoyment!
1/17/2023 10:59:20 am
Hi nice rreading your post
Leave a Reply.